Logo

The British Institute of
Organ Studies


   

Past Event

 


St.Mary, Finedon

Bernard Smith 1704 

for the Chapel Royal, Windsor

A Day in Northamptonshire

St Mary's Church, Finedon NN9 5NR (B.Smith 1704) 

St Peter's Church, Raunds NN9 6HS (P.Conacher 1893) 

Saturday 3 November 2018 

The Finedon organ is well known for its case, included by Dr A.G.Hill in his drawings of historic cases. Built in 1704 by Bernard Smith  for the Chapel Royal, Windsor it was moved to Finedon in 1717 by Christopher Shrider. The instrument was enlarged by G.M.Holdich in 1872 and restored by Holmes & Swift in 2014. About 550 Smith pipes remain in the instrument, together with the jambs of the original console and the opening for the original third manual Echo division to speak through. BIOS Journal 41 has an article about the instrument. 

The Raunds organ is a substantial three-manual instrument by Peter Conacher 1893, restored by Nucholson in 2006, retaining the pneumatic lever action to the Great organ.

Programme

  • The 1704 Bernard Smith organ (talk, demonstration & short recital)
  • The Conacher organ at St Peter's Church, Raunds

 

 

 

 


Page 2 of 5    1 2 3 4 »

Significant Publications